"Forrest!"
I was running on Lockwood Ave through scenic downtown Webster Groves the other day. I passed Webster University at a blistering pace, noticing some students walking down the sidewalk.
A few moments later I heard the flap of feet and a voice crying out, "Forrest, Forrest!" I dared not look behind for I knew that I was being chased (and ridiculed) by young woman.
Such an incident is pretty typical for runners. I've had the "Forrest" comment a few times. Usually they add the "Run" to it though. This one was strange though because the female chasing me kept it up for a ways. Well, at least I got a good pace going. No use in getting caught.
One winter I was running on a very cold day. Runners, as some of you know, are an ecletic bunch when it comes to winterwear. I was wearing white longjohns, purple running shorts, a grey and black running jacket, brown gloves, and a bright red wool hat.
crested a hill by a gas station. A car was parked next to the phone booth and this fellow was getting ready to make a call. Except that he saw me first, pointed, and yelled to his 3 buddies, "What in the $#%##$ is that?"
Of course I did what all good runners do. I kept on running. With a smile.
T. Chris @ 2:11 PM
0 Comment(s)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
|