The Best Hot Chocolate
Every year when the weather turns cold I make the following recipe about once a week (sometimes twice!). The kids love it and my wife looks forward to it. It also makes for a great mid-afternoon study break.
1/3 cup of coffee
1 square of Baker's chocolate
1 tbs. of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
4 tbs. of sugar (you can add more or less depending on preference)
1 1/2 C of milk
1 C of half and half
1/4 tsp. of vanilla or kahlua or some other tasty spirit
1. Combine coffee and all dry ingredients in a pot.
2. Heat until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved.
3. Stir in milk and heat until piping hot. (Do not boil).
4. Pour into a blender, add vanilla or spirit, and whizz until frothy.
(N.B. You don't have to use half and half. I usually use skim milk. But once a winter I'll go all out and use whole milk and half and half. Wow! Also, make sure that you don't skip the fourth step. It is essential to a good cup of cocoa).
I've tasted many hot chocolates in my life. Few have come close to this recipe. After trying this Swiss Miss will taste like dirty water.
T. Chris @ 3:18 PM
0 Comment(s)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
|